Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 12-17-2009, 01:23 AM   #2781 (permalink)

bandhero.. well, guitar hero with the BH drums.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:52 AM   #2782 (permalink)

Finally had time to start Dragon Age: Origins. Not a big fan of Baldur's Gate and some of the same stuff that annoys me there annoys me here, but it's pretty good. Not really digging the ally AI system, but that's possibly because I haven't figured it out fully yet. If I ever bother to try we'll see.

Read Dead Redemption looks kick ass.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:25 AM   #2783 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikaligula View Post
Finally had time to start Dragon Age: Origins. Not a big fan of Baldur's Gate and some of the same stuff that annoys me there annoys me here, but it's pretty good. Not really digging the ally AI system, but that's possibly because I haven't figured it out fully yet. If I ever bother to try we'll see.

Read Dead Redemption looks kick ass.
Dragon Age is basically a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate so the same stuff will annoy and elate, which format are the playing it on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
I just bought a Laptop and Its good enough to run a few games.

I love the demo for World of Goo, but kind of feel 20 bucks is a little high. Also really dug torchlight, but I needed muliplayer to justify it over a 3 dollar version of diablo2.

Speaking of Diablo 2, Thats what im playing. Where was I, when this game came out.

Oh and Civ4 is THE SHIT!!!!

I will give Team fortress a try this weekend.
I hear so many good things about Torchlight but it really needs to be online - until then it's more an improved version of Diablo 1 than Diablo II. Fortunately, they're working on a free MMO.

Fistbump for the Diablo 2/Civ4/TF2 combo.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #2784 (permalink)

I know it's not the newest but I'm currently playing Fallout 3 of xbox360 right now. I think it's great. It's been taking up most of my weekends lately.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #2785 (permalink)

cmar618 - I'm playing Fallout 3 right now too! I just installed a graphics card that can actually run it, so it's been a blast playing through it now that it's actually working properly (when I tried it with my old card, my computer kept crashing like Lindsay Lohan).

I really dig FPS style games that are also wide-open rather than being a succession of self-contained levels. I'm thinking of picking up FarCry 2 for that reason - have you ever messed around with that one?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:58 AM   #2786 (permalink)

EatTheWeek - No I haven't played FarCry2. Fallout3 is the first 1st person shooter/rpg type game I've ever played. It's a cool genre though, I'll have to add FarCry to my list. Being all grown up and stuff, it takes me forever to make my way through a game. I'll totally look into FarCry. I'm also wringing my hands at the thought of Bioshock2, not sure when it comes out though.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #2787 (permalink)

Anyone who enjoys Fallout 3 (and has a PC) should check out STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl - it's a harsher game and a rougher one but when used with the STALKER COMPLETE mod, it's one of the most atmospheric games ever made and a personal favourite.

Here's a montage from the first and (not as good) second game:

I love just wandering around in this game.

EDIT: oh and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOU and welcome to the forums.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:59 AM   #2788 (permalink)

So, Batman is pretty cool. I'm in the middle of the Bane fight right now and really digging the design of the characters and the game in general. Looking forward to playing it more.

I am also pre-loading Team Fortress 2 right now for the free weekend. I've never tried it before, so I'm curious what all the fuss is about.

Also, for the talk about Torchlight, I thought the game was alright being a fan of Diablo 2, especially since it's only $20 and all of that money goes towards the development of the MMO version. Buy it!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:02 AM   #2789 (permalink)

standardman - neat! I was intrigued by that game, but I heard it was way buggy. Is that what the mod fixes? Have you had a lotta bugs while playing it?
Old 12-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #2790 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhesusattack View Post
So, Batman is pretty cool. I'm in the middle of the Bane fight right now and really digging the design of the characters and the game in general. Looking forward to playing it more.

I am also pre-loading Team Fortress 2 right now for the free weekend. I've never tried it before, so I'm curious what all the fuss is about.

Also, for the talk about Torchlight, I thought the game was alright being a fan of Diablo 2, especially since it's only $20 and all of that money goes towards the development of the MMO version. Buy it!
They do the giant guy who runs at you thing a bit too much but the combat is satisfying enough to let that pass. Are you going for the Riddler challenges first time around? I had a lot of fun exploring the nicely designed levels but had to remind myself to turn the detective mode off to look at how pretty everything is.

Awesome, TF2's a great (an extremely funny) game and really encourages working together. I think it's my favourite multiplayer games.

As for Torchlight, I figure i'll pick it up in the steam christmas sales.