Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 AM   #301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head1ess Gunner View Post
I don't disagree. I put much more time into Halo than Gears. I'm also a Marathon junkie (I'm going to hold my own Mara-con someday), and I was happy to see some references made throughout the game with the achievement, unlockable helmet, terminals, etc.

Halo 3 is basically the polished pinnacle of all things Halo. I still maintain that it's more overrated than Gears. I thought Gears got only slightly more credit than it was due, whereas Halo got much more credit than it was due.
I would blame the media and pr for halo 3,s hype. I agree with all of the compliments on recording replays, a map editor for the non pc audience, and a 4 player co-op

To then play a single player campaign that still feels like halo1 and end up feeling a bit dissapointed.

I think the mainstream media does not understand the video game world and all over the place everyone was talking about halo 3 and most of the time they didn't know what they were talking about.

I would say Halo 3 is "the Wii" of hardcore gaming. Its not bad just far from as good as the general public is lead to believe.

I love the way Call of duty handled their PR. Following halo3s huge sales they never panicked or tried to over hype their game, just confidentally waited for people to discover that Halo 3 is not the end all be all of online console gaming. What a huge success on their part.

When is mass media going to catch up with video gaming. Did any of you know some news outlets ran the story of mass affect having a stimulated sex scene. Granted I was buying the game either way, but hearing about made me fantacize a "wild things" esq fuck scene and wow was that way over blown.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #302 (permalink)

Incidentally, I do think Call of Duty's single player campaign - enjoyable and technically impressive as it was - was very old fashioned from a game design point of view. It's not a bad thing really but it was no more new than Halo or Gears. Online has some nice innovations though.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:04 AM   #303 (permalink)

Yeah, both Halo and COD4 are not really groundbreaking. They're both very well made and polished. I love COD4, but standardman's right- it's pretty old fashioned, just done really well.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #304 (permalink)

On a completely different subject...

Why is no one ever on Castle Crashers online? It's very disappointing. I love the game, but I'm being forced to go through the "story" mode in single player. Boo.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #305 (permalink)

They had some real problems with it crashing and locking up online, no idea if they fixed them yet but it seems to have stopped a number of people playing it online.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:16 AM   #306 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
They had some real problems with it crashing and locking up online, no idea if they fixed them yet but it seems to have stopped a number of people playing it online.
Really? Shit. I was on last night, and the Arena and All You Can Quaff had a few people on, but nothing for the campaign.

I think I'm going to get Shred Nebula, too. The trial version hooked me pretty well.

I've been debating about Penny Arcade Episode 1. The game seems awesome, but it's expensive as XBLA games go. Episode 2 is coming out in the not-too-distant future. I think they'll lower the price of Episode 1 as a promo.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #307 (permalink)

believe it or not, ive hit back on the originals, its dungeon keeper 2 for me baby
Old 09-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #308 (permalink)

Regarding penny arcade's price: Probably, I never buy Halo DLC when it first comes out for the same reason.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:20 AM   #309 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiNE View Post
believe it or not, ive hit back on the originals, its dungeon keeper 2 for me baby
That's a great game
Old 09-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #310 (permalink)

fucking oath it is