Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-29-2010, 09:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

I never know what's appropriate in 'who pays' situations.
I think both parties are always taught that the guy pays, but I like to invest some hope in my fellow women (such as m'lady Marina, above) that they can break away from that strange modern-repressive-purchasing-and-keeping women thing.

But I also enjoy being treated and treating others. It's kind of similar to oral sex, mutual satisfaction and an even score card.
I should keep the same tally on both... :P
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I see this too and it really bothers me. I'm always surprised by women in my own generation who act like this.

Just the other day, a co-worker was talking about how she went to vegas for a bachelorette weekend and how the 'bridal party' got basically all of their drinks paid for the whole weekend. When I said that they should have paid for their own drinks, and that by not paying for their own shit they were validating the idea that women deserve less money and also ruining life for all us ugly misfit feminist broads who can't/choose not to get men to buy them things and instead have to earn them, I got shot down but other female co workers who said that I was being extreme.

From a female perspective, what is a man paying for when he pays for a meal? Certainly not just the pleasure of your company. How does a woman not feel like a whore when a man buys her dinner? Maybe I am being too extreme, but if you pay for something, it's in exchange for something unless it's explicitly quantified as a gift. If a woman doesn't put out, it doesn't mean she's not a whore, it just means she's bad at her job.

All I'm saying is that all the blow jobs I give out, I give for free.
I disagree. I'm also the type of female that pays my way when I go out with someone, but in the situations where that isn't the case, I most certainly don't feel like a whore, or that I'm contributing to the subjugation of women by letting someone pay for me. I don't feel like I then owe that person something, I feel thankful, and like it was a nice gesture..

I think the age old idea that men are SUPPOSED to pay on dates/completely take care of their women is utter crap, but if someone is insistent, I'm not against it, either. It's completely acceptable to me, as long as it's only occasional. In the same vein, I also pay for entire dates, etc, on occasion.

As for bills/rent/living expenses, you take care of your shit, and I'll take care of mine.

Last edited by Draconis; 08-29-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsleep View Post
Personally, Im still not 100% behind them being allowed to vote, but thats just me
you're the virgin right?
Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsleep View Post
Personally, Im still not 100% behind them being allowed to vote, but thats just me
here is a tip.. When you have to point something out as a joke- it's probably not funny to begin with.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Old 08-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

I wonder if this is a North American thing. Or maybe just not a NZ thing. I don't recall ever having a conversation with my friends about who should pay on a date. It's assumed that each person will pay for themselves.

With me and my BF, we talk turns. I'm happy for him to pay for me, as long as I pick up the check sometimes too. He also earns twice as much as me, so if he wants to go out somewhere expensive, he knows he has to foot the bill, or we can't go.

So if a guy said "let's just split the bill" when it came time to pay, would most women be horrified and dump his ass?

Last edited by Bebe; 08-30-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:21 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu View Post
here is a tip.. When you have to point something out as a joke- it's probably not funny to begin with.
Personally, I thought that one was kinda funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
I wonder if this is a North American thing. Or maybe just not a NZ thing. I don't recall ever having a conversation with my friends about who should pay on a date. It's assumed that each person will pay for themselves.

With me and my BF, we talk turns. I'm happy for him to pay for me, as long as I pick up the check sometimes too. He also earns twice as much as me, so if he wants to go out somewhere expensive, he knows he has to foot the bill, or we can't go.

So if a guy said "let's just split the bill" when it came time to pay, would most women be horrified and dump his ass?
I suppose if they're superficial cunts, they would.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Yes. If it's a first date for sure.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:50 AM   #19 (permalink)

I am not a femenist. I love all the courtesy things mens do for the ladies. Yep; open my door. It makes me feel pretty and I will genuinely appreciate the gesture. You don't have to always pay for my shit, but walk on the street side so non-existent historical buggies don't splash mud and horse shit up on me. It's the unspoken expectations from the cultural norm whence I work; you treat and make me feel like a woman and I'll treat and make you feel like a man.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I am not a femenist. I love all the courtesy things mens do for the ladies. Yep; open my door. It makes me feel pretty and I will genuinely appreciate the gesture. You don't have to always pay for my shit, but walk on the street side so non-existent historical buggies don't splash mud and horse shit up on me. It's the unspoken expectations from the cultural norm whence I work; you treat and make me feel like a woman and I'll treat and make you feel like a man.

ding ding ding