Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a child molester?
Yes 2 0.93%
No 214 99.07%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stulagu View Post

I think you're opinion is terrible. Am I being brutal? Not enough. You sound like a bigot.
QFT. I believe if that poor guy were are family member or a friend, marina would not have been so "brutal."

@ Marina - My best friend committed suicide last April. If you had said something to me about him dying because he wanted to take the easy way out or being harsh about his mental state, I don't think I could resist punching you in the face. No, he didn't do it because of his sexuality; he was deeper into a depression than any of my circle of friends could even fathom. There isn't a day that goes by where I don't hear a certain song and think about him, or see pictures and kick myself for not realizing just how upset he was.

I really hope that one responsible for taping that guy gets punished to the fullest extent.

Last edited by Blonde_Amazon; 10-05-2010 at 04:42 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I'm being totally brutal. But that kid was a coward in life and he is a coward in death. Both staying in the closet in this day and age in America and taking the easy way out when shit gets too harsh are cowardly choices.

I'm not saying that cowardice isn't called for from time to time. All sorts of dishonorable behavior has a legitimate justification. But it's still dishonorable.
Da fuck, you can't generalise and just say its easy for everyone so deal with it. You don't know that kid's up bringing, you don't know that kid's life. All the gay people I've known were massively torn when they realised they were gay and it took them a while to come to accept themselves. Its a crisis of identity and worth that you cant appreciate unless you've been that person.

Quote:
I think you're opinion is terrible. Am I being brutal? Not enough. You sound like a bigot.
THIS.

stulagu your posts on this thread have put you at gold rank in my books, well done miss
Old 10-05-2010, 05:45 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
And using words like "coward" and "the easy way out" is as damaging as calling them "fags" (in the mean, hateful way).
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde_Amazon View Post
QFT. I believe if that poor guy were are family member or a friend, marina would not have been so "brutal."
Maybe I'm being hateful and cunty, but there's absolutely no accord to call me a bigot, especially those of you who know me enough to have interacted with me on the forums for all these years. If he was straight I would have called him a coward too.

I'm sorry if I hurt any of your feelings, and I'm sorry if I unknowingly disrespected the memories of your dead friends. I have memories of my own. My view that suicide is cowardly not strictly an armchair hypothesis.

None of us knew this man, we're all just putting the faces of all the suicides we have known in his place.

And none of you act like you're such saints that if he had died in a more amusing way you wouldn't be LOLing and joking all over this thread.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe I'm being hateful and cunty, but there's absolutely no accord to call me a bigot, especially those of you who know me enough to have interacted with me on the forums for all these years. If he was straight I would have called him a coward too.
You words are that of a bigot, happy now? thats probably why its so shocking, because this is a rare narrow minded opinion from you.

Quote:
I'm sorry if I hurt any of your feelings, and I'm sorry if I unknowingly disrespected the memories of your dead friends. I have memories of my own. My view that suicide is cowardly not strictly an armchair hypothesis.

None of us knew this man, we're all just putting the faces of all the suicides we have known in his place.
Way to contradict yourself, how can you generalize and say his suicide was cowardly when you dont know what he was going through. For that matter how can say suicide in any case is. Im not saying it never is, but its completely absurb to make such a generalization.

Quote:
And none of you act like you're such saints that if he had died in a more amusing way you wouldn't be LOLing and joking all over this thread.
because we disagree with you we're apparently hypocritical, sanctimonious douchebags
Old 10-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
You words are that of a bigot, happy now? thats probably why its so shocking, because this is a rare narrow minded opinion from you.

Way to contradict yourself, how can you generalize and say his suicide was cowardly when you dont know what he was going through. For that matter how can say suicide in any case is. Im not saying it never is, but its completely absurb to make such a generalization.

because we disagree with you we're apparently hypocritical, sanctimonious douchebags
I just don't have any sympathy for people who waste their lives. Personally, I don't get why no one else is as angry as I am about this kid's rash action. He threw himself away like trash and I'm outraged by that decision.

Anything he could have been is completely squandered.

I don't know what he was going through, but I stand by what I said. Suicide is a cowardly action.

I am really sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings with what I said. Obviously I did.

All I'm saying is that if the same exact kid had died in more entertaining way this thread would be full of people calling him stupid, or an idiot and making fun of his entire existence.

But because he killed himself, he's the holy fucking grail and I can't say he was a dirt bag for what he did. That's bullshit.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #46 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
All I'm saying is that if the same exact kid had died in more entertaining way this thread would be full of people calling him stupid, or an idiot and making fun of his entire existence.

But because he killed himself, he's the holy fucking grail and I can't say he was a dirt bag for what he did. That's bullshit.
It isn't that he killed himself, it is WHY he killed himself that makes this such a sad topic.

And I didn't make fun of the poor segway guy falling off a cliff, I saw the humor in the fact that he owned Segway and died because of one, but I certainly didn't LOL at any time because he was dead.

This entire tragedy of another person seaking out to humiliate another to the point where the person feels there is nothing left to his life is horrible.

I don't think suicide is someone being a coward, that would mean they are scared of life, I think it means that they see no other option. That non existence is better to them then their potential future. That their future is so full of sadness and dispare that they feel it is better to end it now. How sad does a person have to be to do that? I can see where you would say it is selfish because a person who commits suicide doesn't think about how it will affect their family and friends, but calling him a coward and dirtbag just sounds spiteful.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #47 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Fuck I must be out of the loop. Was there no show today?
Old 10-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Fuck I must be out of the loop. Was there no show today?
Always check Twitter

KaTGShowAlert Keith and The Girl
Today's show is over. The next live show will be Wednesday at 2:00 PM EST with Jesse Joyce.
6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Old 10-05-2010, 10:36 PM   #49 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81 View Post
Always check Twitter

KaTGShowAlert Keith and The Girl
Today's show is over. The next live show will be Wednesday at 2:00 PM EST with Jesse Joyce.
6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Cool. I guess just not on iTunes yet.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #50 (permalink)

I'm not defending the guy who purposely left his web cam on, but I don't think that his roommates suicide should have any bearing on his punishment. The only crime he committed was invasion of privacy, etc. (not sure of the exact charge(s)). He could not have known his roommate would commit suicide, as that was ultimately his decision.