Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Gay Marriage?
yes 95 90.48%
no 10 9.52%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes

Old 06-06-2006, 07:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question I now pronounce you wife and wife.

Gay Marriage - What do you think?
  1. Should it be recognized?
  2. Why is Bush so against it?

Since I only seem to encounter Neo-Cons on this forum I am anxious to watch you all spew your hatred and retarded talking points at such an obvious NON issue.

P.S. Gay marriage is only an issue because it takes your stupid minds off of the war. Who the fuck really cares if two faigs want to be married?

Last edited by deuce; 06-06-2006 at 07:19 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 07:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Here's my take/solution (I think I've posted it before, but whatever).

Nobody gets married in a civil sense. Bascially, when you go to the courthouse, you would get a civil union certification rather than a marrage licence. Gay couples can get this too. Then you can go get married in the chuch of your choosing.

You can't have civil unions for gays and something different for straight couple, cause that would be segrigation. I think the big hang up is on the word marrage (because of the religious implications). However, gays can go get married at a bunch of churches and we never hear peep about that. Its only an isssue with the civil marrage. So just change the name. You'd get married in a church and get a civil union from the court house...problem solved...

You know there is an election coming up when we start hearing about gay's being scarry and flag burning being bad. How about domestic spying? A congressman gets his office searched and the polititicans go nuts crying for privacy and such...what about when they are spying on the american people...not much of an outcry then.

The Republican's are already doing a good job steering the topics of discussion towards their 'wedge' issues, and most of america is dumb enough to buy into it every single time. I'm thinking that in September or October the terror threat level thingy will be going up again too. They havn't issued a single change in the thing since before the 2004 election...I'd bet it goes up in the next few months.

Twitter/pfpulse

Old 06-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Two colleagues of mine recently got "married" - it became legal in the UK a couple of months back.

I haven't noticed any change in their behaviour since they became husband and husband (they're not the most flaming of gays) - it's just a piece of paper and who gives a fuck what they do as long as they don't start sucking each other off in the office.

Plus they threw a damn good party, although there were rather a lot of fags there.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

The thing is, they don't want just a piece of paper saying "Ooooh lookie lou! we're husband and husband!" They want to be able to have the same legal rights that a man and wife have with eachother. They want to be able to go into the ER, and have the doctor not tell them "Sorry immediate family only". They want to have each other on their insurance plans. They want to not have to jump through so many damn legal loops, to leave their stuff to their spouse when they die, or allow for their spouse to plan their funeral, and then have it all made null and void anyways.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

I could care less.

Bush is against it because his supporters put him into office to push an agenda that includes this issue.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
The thing is, they don't want just a piece of paper saying "Ooooh lookie lou! we're husband and husband!" They want to be able to have the same legal rights that a man and wife have with eachother. They want to be able to go into the ER, and have the doctor not tell them "Sorry immediate family only". They want to have each other on their insurance plans. They want to not have to jump through so many damn legal loops, to leave their stuff to their spouse when they die, or allow for their spouse to plan their funeral, and then have it all made null and void anyways.
So??? Are you suggesting that they shouldn't be allowed to have these things?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

i have a feeling that you're going to be hard pressed to find many people who have something against it in these forums. i don't see anything wrong with it. some companies will put partners on insurance, but like mali said, it needs to be extended to the rest of everyday life as well.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

I vote that we quit it with the fucking religious and political threads already. I mean I like the education and it's mildly interesting, but what happened to titties and beer? What happened to sex, drugs and rock and roll? What happened to stories about getting drunk, puking and going right back for more?

Just sayin'.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

I choose option #3: "No thanks, I already have a straight one."

As for laws, whatever, knock yourself out.

And did you hear? Deuce is gay and is looking into moving to the US.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM   #10 (permalink)

I vote more titties on here