Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-09-2008, 06:11 PM   #241 (permalink)

just to be argumentative:

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
Dude Xbox live arcade!!!! Games like Geometry wars evolved2, Castle Crashers, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Poker Smash, Braid, N+, Assault Heroes, Uno.
i love geometry wars, but some of these seem like flash games you can play for free on kongregate or newgrounds

Quote:
Also if you love GH and Rock Band then you get 500% more content of these games via down loadable songs.
for the low low price of $0.99-$1.99!!!!1 per song!

Quote:
Why does xbox 360 carry a stigma that its only for halo3 and Call of duty 4.
And Reussattack is 100% right, Bioshock absolutely 1-ups Half-Life.
aside from halo3 (and only because of its exclusivity) i dont see why ppl play FPS on consoles.

Quote:
I do mean to brag that i can download a game demo of 75% of the xbox live game library. So lets say you have a 360 and wanna see if Bioshock is what we say its, Download the demo and test away my friend. To me that is innovation. And typically these demos come out before the game release day.
you can download demos for 75% of the stuff on PS3, and you dont have to pay for XBL.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
aside from halo3 (and only because of its exclusivity) i dont see why ppl play FPS on consoles.
Agreed. I played Bioshock on a friend's 360 recently to get him past an area he was stuck on and the control method for FPS (though much better than it used to be) is far inferior to a PC.

Last edited by standardman; 09-09-2008 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 PM   #243 (permalink)

Since we're on Bioshock, Ken Levine recently made a great speech at PAX on geekdom/nerdom.

The guy really gets it, you can watch the video here.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
just to be argumentative:

you can download demos for 75% of the stuff on PS3, and you dont have to pay for XBL.
I know ps3 is making progress on the online world, even if its free it is still half the service xbl is. Sure you pay 50 bucks for XBL but it feels oh so so so worth it when you have a huge community of gamers all nicely organized and ran with head sets and the abilities to lay the law on cheaters, update games, and distribute cool content.

I was just arguing that Xbox360 or PS3 offers a heap more innovation and quality than the wii. And I agree with you on the GH RB songs being over priced, BUT i was bringing it up as a reason why someone who is obsessed with GH and RB would be happiest with an Xbox 360 over the Wii (which iam not)

To be honest im actually very interested in buying a ps3, but have no plans of playing choosing ps3 version of games over the xbox 360 simply out of the fact that the XBL service is miles ahead of PSN. Do have plans to play the shit out of little big planet and MGS4. Dont forget watch plenty of Blue ray movies.

And people play console games over pc cause most of our high def tvs our minimum twice the size of monitors and have nice 5.1 dolby surround sound.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 PM   #245 (permalink)

tbh, i prefer the 360 =)
sony's friends list isnt as useful as the 360's, the wii's friend list is non-existant. i dont believe in paying for a service like xbl,i think it should be free.

i disagree that the 360 has more innovation over the wii. the always on internet is pretty cool on the wii, the controllers, etc blow away the 360 in terms of straight up innovation. quality? 360>wii? kidding right? rrod? thankfully i never got a rrod.

btw, i have an older 40" sony 780i, and a 22" monitor on my PC. sure, it is double but 22" is still alot.
the difference between mouse and keyboard vs console controller? have you ever tried manipulating a webpage with console controller? hows your accuracy and speed? a mouse and keyboard on a FPS wins.
lol, i own mgs4, never played the earlier ones, and i finished it. i didnt intend on buying it but there was so much hype.. im glad i did.

Aquaponics in Paradise
Old 09-09-2008, 09:57 PM   #246 (permalink)

Still playing Twilight Princess
:-D
Old 09-10-2008, 04:49 AM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
Such a great console and no-one bought it. You ass hats.
I have a Dreamcast, i bought it over a PSone. It's sitting quietly next to my 2 NES, my SNES, my PS2 and my busted Xbox.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #248 (permalink)

Today is NHL09 Day.

I have EASHL team all setup and waiting for me with 14 other guys.

I'm kind of excited about the EASHL, for those who don't know this game mode is essentailly a sports MMORPG. So you develop your player and his skills dynamically by the way you play. You fill your team up with up 50 players, then take all of the teams online players, lace up the skates and try to out compete the other "human" controled team.

Many ways this can fail, nobody has ever really played a hockey game where they didn't control the whole team. This could also be ruined by lag and glitches. Even if this EASHL is a failire the rest of the game should still be amazing. And if its not a failure then say goodbye to my social life and I will sign KATG fans autographs before anyone elses after I rise to be an online NHL superstar

I'm a center, and its number 17. Not sure if my team picked a name yet.

Anyone wanna join the team send me a messag, we definately need some more forward positions.

If there were more hockey gamers in these woods, I would absolutely start up a KATG team

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 09-10-2008 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #249 (permalink)

Ok, gave up on KOTOR. I've borrowed Gears of War and Mass Effect. Which should I play first?
Old 09-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #250 (permalink)

Mass Effect, it's just like KOTOR!