Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #5181 (permalink)

Been working my way through Tales of Vesperia on 360 again. Been itching to replay Kingdom Hearts as well, we'll see if the itch is strong enough to have me invest in a PS2.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #5182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post
I've seen some stuff about Dark Souls and I'm getting a gamers jonesing for it.

Anyone have good things to say about Demon's Souls?

I'm looking forward to buying a new 360 controller after spiking mine in celebration or frustration.
Demon's Souls is GREAT if you have a ton of patience. The smallest accomplishment can feel like you've done the impossible. From what i've seen of Dark Souls it looks pretty similar.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #5183 (permalink)

Been playing Battlefield 3 Beta on PS3. Seems fairly similar to Bad Company 2 but with some new stuff like going prone, glint from sniper scopes which give away their position and flashlights and laser sights that blind who you are looking at. Graphics and sound are pretty awesome. The level they chose is an odd choice, fun but it is fairly linear and has no vehicles - tis a bit CODish.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:19 PM   #5184 (permalink)

I've been playing Dark Souls and it is amazing. I must say, it is more action packed than Demon's Souls, and with a more open environment opposed to the slightly more limited 'level' situation. It is beautifully rendered, but that is quickly ignored as you are hanging on to a tiny tick of your life bar trying to push past that boss that has killed you a few dozen times.

Needless to say, it is challenging. By far the most challenging game on the recent consoles. However, if you to die, it is your fault, you did something wrong that caused your death. No obscure bugs or impossible scenarios. It requires patience, a keen eye for where to go, and what to do next. But as the above poster mentioned, if you do beat that damned boss, you feel like you just climbed a mountain. If you are not patient, there is a pretty good chance you won't get past the first level.

PSN: Shipht . MacBook Pro
Old 10-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #5185 (permalink)

BF3 on Xbox 360 of course. I've been so used to the COD series, I was intrigued by this and having never played any of the previous, it was a new experience.

I find it to be a lot more mature and engaging than COD. Little details like the glint of a scope and the crosshair swivel as you turn quickly are nice touches. Furthermore, I feel like the kit upgrades and ribbons make it feel more accomplished than purely XP gains in the COD series.

Even though this is the beta and there are numerous bugs, I'll still be ordering it once it's released. Getting a little burned out on the one map though, but I try to keep it interesting enough by switching up kits and utilizing various squad control capabilities.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #5186 (permalink)

Got an hour of Dark Souls in yesterday, lots of fun. I might be losing some sleep tonight.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #5187 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i keep wanting to check it out, but the talk on how brutally difficult on the edge of unplayability it is, scares me.

still people who like it are REALLY into it. hmmmm.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #5188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
still people who like it are REALLY into it.
Think about how anxious you get to beat a certain hard level on any game. Now imagine that's the whole fucking game.
I played Demon Souls once at a friend's and gave up in two flicks of joystick.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:17 AM   #5189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
i keep wanting to check it out, but the talk on how brutally difficult on the edge of unplayability it is, scares me.

still people who like it are REALLY into it. hmmmm.
I got three hours of play in last night, I'm pretty sure I'm hooked. So far I would say I agree with what everyone is saying, it's hard, but there is definitely a way to beat everything, just don't fuck up.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:21 AM   #5190 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Finally finished Red Dead Redemption. I started off hating it and by the end I really enjoyed it. Didn't bother doin much more than the main story and I doubt I'll touch the DLC.

Now for more catch up, I've stared Batman: Arkum Asylum and have loved the first 2 hours I've played. I have Deus Ex waiting for me but think that might end up becoming a Xmas present

And I'm just clicking BUY on Portal 2 via Steam as it is 50% off!