Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 10-06-2011, 07:33 AM   #5191 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

dont give away deus ex, its good.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #5192 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
dont give away deus ex, its good.
Oh HELL no. I bought it new off Amazon really cheap, and it's sitting here boxed up and I know my wife's mother will jusk her to buy me something for Christmas. May as well just let her "give" me that because I won't be finished Batman or the next game I play after that which will probably be Gears 3 (when I buy it) or Enslaved.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:44 AM   #5193 (permalink)

Deus Ex is fucking good, even though the ending is fucking garbage.

The sequel has so much potential to be like lesbians have sex with my brain.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #5194 (permalink)

sequel?

they're making another one? lets hope it isnt something like the old sequel.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #5195 (permalink)

That game sold well enough that I guarantee there will be a sequel.

The video game business is all about sequels, and Eidos doesn't have a lot of successes under its belt. They haven't announced a sequel, but I'm sure it'll come out within the next 5 years.

This also has me excited about Thief 4. If Deus Ex is an indication of the quality of work Eidos Montreal is capable of, I can't fucking wait for Thief 4.

Edit: Shit, I can't even tell you what internal development Eidos has done this generation excluding Deus Ex other than Kane & Lynch and Hitman, and it's not like either sold gangbusters.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #5196 (permalink)

i just hope that if they go for it, they fix those so out-of-place boss battles.

agree that the ending (well the one i saw) is meh. the whole story/voice acting aspect of it was not done well. but the gameplay is so brilliant.

maybe if it sold well, it means that theres still hope for games where you dont have to necessarily twitch play through everything and watch endless cinematics every five seconds (although i keep hearing ppl complaining that the stealth was too hard. fags)

The hitman sequel looks so sad. seems that they're going for the FPS route.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #5197 (permalink)

Quote:
i just hope that if they go for it, they fix those so out-of-place boss battles.

agree that the ending (well the one i saw) is meh. the whole story/voice acting aspect of it was not done well. but the gameplay is so brilliant.

maybe if it sold well, it means that theres still hope for games where you dont have to necessarily twitch play through everything and watch endless cinematics every five seconds (although i keep hearing ppl complaining that the stealth was too hard. fags)
The story of Human Revolution doesn't really actually end, it just kind of goes stupid for about an hour and then stops abruptly. Really, really disappointing.

As soon as I found out I had to hide bodies I knew that game was for me. I manually knocked out like every motherfucker.

I really liked the story and dialog up until the ending, and don't really see much of a problem with the voice acting. Especially people complaining about Jensen's voice; I loved his voice.
Quote:
The hitman sequel looks so sad. seems that they're going for the FPS route.
Eh, I haven't seen any gameplay, but any Hitman game can be played as an FPS and I'm sure that's the way they should try to sell it. I trust them not to fuck up Hitman.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:10 PM   #5198 (permalink)

Jenses i liked. he sounded like cyber batman which kinda fit. i liked the other less. sometimes Sarif, for one, sounded weird. but its details.

personally i took a strictly non-letahal approach cause i wanted to see how the game would develop, playing him like a stealthy detective and i loved how the game (boss fights excluded) basically became a RPG. some times even better than mass effect.

I read a pc gamer feature with pics on the new hitman and apparently there will be a lot of cover shooter aspects to it. hm. i dunno, what i liked about hitman was that it became almost like a puzzle game at some points.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #5199 (permalink)

Quote:
Jenses i liked. he sounded like cyber batman which kinda fit. i liked the other less. sometimes Sarif, for one, sounded weird. but its details.
Sarif's voice is fucking weird. But I liked it.
Quote:
personally i took a strictly non-letahal approach cause i wanted to see how the game would develop, playing him like a stealthy detective and i loved how the game (boss fights excluded) basically became a RPG. some times even better than mass effect.
Weeeell, nothing's better than Mass Effect. Except Dragon Age 1.
Quote:
I read a pc gamer feature with pics on the new hitman and apparently there will be a lot of cover shooter aspects to it. hm. i dunno, what i liked about hitman was that it became almost like a puzzle game at some points.
I don't think those puzzles aspects won't be in there just because there's some shooter stuff, though. You could get a 200 round drum barrel machine gun in Hitman: Blood Money. Not very puzzlely. They've been pretty good about letting you kill how you want in those games.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #5200 (permalink)

i found the way you could handle the moral decisions in it developed better than ME2. dont get me wrong though, io still love the mass effect series to bits and i am eagerly waiting for the 3rd. just found the way you could handle stuff in deus ex very close to how ME could be.

i guess it changes with the approach. i remember the enemy being very alert and quick to execute you in Blood Money, where this seems like its going for a SPlinter Cell: Conviction route. talk about a stealth game where you didnt do any stealth.