Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: We all want to know how you found KATG.
Found them on a podcast directory. 130 25.44%
Found them in iTunes. 117 22.90%
Heard them mentioned on another podcast. 115 22.50%
Heard an interview with Keith and/or Chemda on radio. 1 0.20%
Knew of Keith and/or Chemda's other creative outlets. 2 0.39%
Recommendation from a friend/family member. 75 14.68%
Recommendation from another forum/message board. 18 3.52%
Read about KATG online. 18 3.52%
Read about KATG in print. 0 0%
Other. 35 6.85%
Voters: 511. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Old 05-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Wait ... you got divorced and broke up with your boyfriend?!?
Such a loooooooong story, but yeah. Pretty much. Oh, if Keith and Chemda would have written their book a few years earlier.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Podcast Alley - I only downloaded KATG and Free Talk Live.

Free Talk Live was fucking bat-shit crazy, that's why I kept listening - but The Government can do no good in their eyes, so I got tired of it.

KATG, I love this show.

I repeat listen to my favorite shows dozens of times. The episode I listen to the most is the one where Keith rips No Country for Old Men to SHREDS - and I love that movie.

I seriously have listened to it maybe over a hundred times already. I can't find the one where he rips The Dark Knight though. (My favorite movie of all-time).

Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 AM   #13 (permalink)

I was looking for an amusing podcast to listen to on long drives and train rides; saw the listing for KATG and thought, "Hey, this looks interesting." Haven't turned back.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I always listen to talk radio while I'm at work but I got bored with NPR all day so I started searching through Itunes for podcasts. I found one that I would listen to every week or so, I can't even remember the name of it now, it wasn't very good. Anyway, the host was reading a letter from a listener that compared him to KATG. He said, "Wow, what a compliment! I can only hope to be as good as Keith and the Girl one day! They're the best in this business!" So I googled them and the rest is history.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #15 (permalink)

I bought my first ipod in 2006 when I was living on Maui, and had hour long drives to and from work every day. The music was getting boring, so I checked out podcasts on itunes. I started with a couple of different ones, including one called the 80s movie and music fest cafe, which is not doing shows anymore. (incidentally, they had an early spot from Brother Love on their show.) They said to vote for them on Podcast Alley, and I did. I saw the #1 show was Keith and the Girl, with the subheading, "Keith and his girlfriend talk shit." I thought it would be interesting, and it was. That was back in the early 300s, and I have been listening ever since. Tanks!
Old 05-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

A friend of my mom had the theme song posted on his myspace page, and she kept playing it over and over one afternoon and was laughing her ass off. She had me come in and listen, so I looked up KATG on the internet and sure enough, I was hooked. She never listened, but she sure as shit got me to listen.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

I honestly have no clue. At the time it didn't seem like a big moment!
Old 05-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

I was searching for podcasts to keep me busy for a looong train ride to a friend's play. KATG was at the top of the chart and I liked the icon. First one a listened to was a Patrice episode and I laughed so hard my eyes started watering. Subscribed when I got home.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_martha_stewart View Post
Such a loooooooong story, but yeah. Pretty much. Oh, if Keith and Chemda would have written their book a few years earlier.
Is it really such a long story? You were married and you had a boyfriend too? I'm not here to judge, I just think you have a good story in there somewhere and you're definitely in the right place to tell it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattaland View Post
I found KATG going down that rabbit hole known as wikipedia. I had just seen 'Windy City Heat', and I looked up that movie to check out it's authenticity,next thing I know I was reading about Bobcat Goldwait and there was a mention of a disastrous interview with him on Keith And The Girl. I read the wiki about KATG, then I gave the show a listen and found it mean-spirited and abrasive. I decided to listen to another episode, then another and another and here I am today.
HAH! That's one of my most memorable KATG memories. I still remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I heard that Bobcat episode all those years ago. I think he's a really talented guy and it was funny to hear him so flumoxed by this style of interview he'd never come across before.
Old 05-21-2010, 04:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I was looking for comedy on CdBaby. A guy named Keith Malley was reccomended for whoever liked Stanhope.

Since i was at the peak of my "I gotta keep myself interested constantly" phase, i looked him up.

A search on wiki shows me this picture of a guy with beers taped to his hands. Hmmm.

Listen to a couple of clips. Buy "Sue Everybody" on iTunes. Whoa. He's a douche AND he's funny.. And he's so... so.... raw. He wasnt try to buy my laughs. He said what he wanted whether i liked it or not. Got all his stand up.

And i get curious about that sweet magnificient female voice featured in the bonus tracks.
Looking up again, i learn that this peculiarly named angel was one of the singers in the Conure One albums, which i loved. Actually she was that Nina Simone sounding, middle eastern-esque voice that made me shiver and tear up like a pussy.

Those two are a couple? But what's a podcast? WHo gives a shit. Let's try.

Whoa. Fuck Dane Cook? WHat a title. I HATE Dane Cook.

Download.

Hooked forever.
I made sure to have a "Keith and Chemda's Other Projects" button because of you. Even if you end up being the only one in that category and "Others" has more than 100 it will still have been worth it to make that a category.