Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 11-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #2661 (permalink)

Monopoly here and now world ed on iPhone

I just finished a game with 10 hotels and $50Million bitches!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #2662 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Exactly. And it woks aces on that. The first one had some moents that left me with my heart in my throat. And this one delivers even more (COD 5 kinda sucked on that level)

BTW if anyone has some good reccomendation for any action game with BIG cinematic power, please say it. I'm a sucker for good gameplay but The movie feel gets me even more (Arkham has it in spades).
hmm.. well it may be old, but Dreamfall Longest Journey had a GREAT story. But there isn't much shooting or killing. It's a 3rd person game. It's cheap on ebay, here's a review. I loved the game. You do sit there for minutes watching the "movie"

also COD4 story awesome, COD5 shit, COD6 very good
Old 11-15-2009, 04:13 PM   #2663 (permalink)

Quote:
I got a look at the iscussion on the amazon forums.

I understand the point it comes from, but i find it ridiculous for one big point:

THE PUBLIC DOES NOT, NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL HAVE A VOICE IN THIS TYPE OF MATTERS.

Boycotting the game wont change the attitude of developers. It will just convince them more that PC gaming is dead. So anyone who plays PC games and doesnt want to buy an XBox, PS3 or some other godawful retardation like that to play games, will be royally fucked.

I think it's hilarious how this gigantic mass of nerds thinks that they will be making a difference, in an age where decisions are made only by marketing groups, audiences are puppets who takle what they're given and even programmers are worth less than zero in the making of those big budgeted games.

This gigantic infestation of whining asses who flood boards with their "i canceled my order" complaints will be the death of PC gaming (if a rotten corpse can die). Cue to some retard spouting nonsense about buying consoles (fuck you).
Well yeah, that's a different topic and the internet in a nutshell for you. The whole 'PC gaming is dead' thing seems to come around every few years and it's some silly shit.

I cringe when a developer says "cinematic" or "movie" in an interview - I don't play games to watch them ape another medium. It's always this way at first - early cinema emulated theatre before it found it's own path - but it's something we should be beyond at this point.

Last edited by standardman; 11-15-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:21 PM   #2664 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I cringe when a developer says "cinematic" or "movie" in an interview - I don't play games to watch them ape another medium. It's always this way at first - early cinema emulated theatre before it found it's own path - but it's something we should be beyond at this point.
I get it, but there are games that give a movie like atmosphere and emotions that go beyond simple reflex traing or strategical thinking?

I just want to find a game that has the same emotional impact of a good movie but it's also fun to play. As i said, arkham has that extra-ooomph... There must be others.

PS: Mikey, Dreamfall is a lovely example. I already played it and loved it. Other suggestions?
Old 11-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #2665 (permalink)

Quote:
I get it, but there are games that give a movie like atmosphere and emotions that go beyond simple reflex traing or strategical thinking?

I just want to find a game that has the same emotional impact of a good movie but it's also fun to play. As i said, arkham has that extra-ooomph... There must be others.

PS: Mikey, Dreamfall is a lovely example. I already played it and loved it. Other suggestions?
Ah, well that's something else entirely. Your definitions are wonky. You ever play STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl? Not much of a story but one of the most atmospheric games i've ever played.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #2666 (permalink)

Quote:
BTW if anyone has some good reccomendation for any action game with BIG cinematic power, please say it. I'm a sucker for good gameplay but The movie feel gets me even more (Arkham has it in spades).
If you have a PS3 Uncharted 2 is without a doubt the most cinimatic, beautiful game I've ever played. The voice acting and motion capture technology they use is leaps and bounds above any other game so far this generation. It feels like you're playing a movie.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:28 AM   #2667 (permalink)

MW2 is easily one of the best games of the last ten years. Sure, the storyline has its holes; Russia invades over one American CIA operative being found at the scene of a genocide. Its adrenaline rush campaign with gorgeously rendered surroundings, however, is only furthered by expansive multiplayer and co-op play. When was the last time anyone had this much fun with a first person shooter? Hell, when was the last time anyone had this much fun with a video game?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:32 PM   #2668 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridFrost View Post
MW2 is easily one of the best games of the last ten years.
You know, I can't even be bothered anymore.

Left 4 Dead unlocks soon, anyone playing on steam?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:35 PM   #2669 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
haha i like mw2 a lot, but not as far to say best in 10 years. It's a multiplayer game where you shoot each others faces. nothing more, nothing less.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:40 PM   #2670 (permalink)

i just finished playing halo 3 again on legendary, also i got the annual achievement, 1 step closer to an armor piece i dont care about, hurray