Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #411 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
He posted the new Acacia strain album which is as far as cookie cutter metalcore as you can get. The Sons Of aurelius record is also more close to Techno-Death stuff like Cyptopsy or Necrophagist (with the main difference being the vocals).

I'm not saying you have to like that (cause you wont) or you have to agree (cause you wont) or even argue at a civil level (cause you wont. you do it on other issues, but not on this one). But dont stick stuff that isnt core in the core label.
That's fair, and I did hear those differences. But you have to cut very close to see those differences. My point is he likes a very specific type of music and does not deviate from it. There's a reason there's a lot of metalcore fan bleedover to the tech-death scene: they're very similar. Anybody who's been to a tech-death show and to a metalcore show knows that they're very good at pulling similar crowds. Or, let me put it another way: can you honestly say that Necrophagist-esque tech-death is a far cry from metalcore?

Also, I'd like to note I treat each argument according to the person. When someone is on a hair trigger ready to spit out faggot, you can rest assured I am already familiar with that person's personality and do not respect them enough to talk to them civilly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I 'll make you an example. One of my favourite albums of the later onths is Castevet's Mounds Of Ash.

It has been labeled as Post-Black but it's far more innovative than that.

Another good band on Profound Lore has made a new album, Yakuza:


Outstanding stuff, that some less smart people love to label Post-Metal and yet covers all genres and none.

Hate ahead, if you have to. But there's different shades to stuff.
I absolutely agree that there is more to things than a simple genre label. Most bands use a blend, and many subgenres themselves are blends. But you're clearly arguing around something: the fact that serial x has a very limited taste and does not have an appreciation for the genre of metal.

You're trying to cut a semantic line because that's what's required to make your point. You have to define things as "shades" because that's the granularity required to see the differences, as opposed to stark contrasts that are normally present in major metal subgenres.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
And while I have enough free time to play your game, explain to me how KsE is similar to Bleed From Within or how All That Remains is similar to Sons Of Aurelius.

I'm sure I'll read your reply and give a fuck..
Ha, seriously? You realized that your breadth of musical taste is not as clearly distinct as mine, so rather than compare your shit to mine as I did, you compare yourself to... yourself.

My problem is as it has ever been: go make a metalcore thread. You don't like metal as a genre. You like metalcore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
Dude, I like what I like.. why does it offend you so fucking much? How does MY taste in music affect YOUR life?
You're the one being butthurt. I stated an accurate fact and you got defensive. I don't know why you have so much of a problem with me calling you what you are. I stated truth, and then you called me a faggot. I guess that's because you can't link to stark differences in shit you like. So you call me a faggot.

And maybe there's my problem, isn't it? That a fan of a very specific set of music not only can't expand his taste, but spits out dumb shit like "purist faggot". I don't want you representing metalheads. Go make a metalcore thread and be as unwittingly ironic as you like.

Surely you can see what I'm saying Junkenstein. Somebody who views people who like the genre of metal as purist faggots is not somebody I count among my people or would want counted among my people. The idea that the rest of the genre has merit is so inconceivable to him that he is forced to reason to himself that I have manufactured my appreciation of it arbitrarily.

Last edited by Cretaceous Bob; 07-20-2010 at 12:07 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #412 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DudeEMETIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,599
I'm not a metal head....but I listen to metal once in a blue moon....
most recently:



Cause it's good.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #413 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I'm not a metal head....but I listen to metal once in a blue moon....
most recently:



Cause it's good.
Maybe you'd like some Hammers of Misfortune.

I might be the only one, but Primordial kind of reminds me of their stuff. Might be their vocalist.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #414 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Blah..
Yes Bob, your taste in music is far superior to mine.. does that boost your ego enough to give up?

Dude, if you followed my Twitter, you'd know that I like A LOT more bands than the handful of ones I post on here.. of varied genres other than metal.. that's why I'm open minded. You say I don't like metal as a genre, I like metalcore.. IT'S STILL METAL YOU FUCKING IDIOT!! YOU'RE the one that is constantly labeling it in all these retarded sub-genres.. that's what purists do. My 5 favourite all time bands are all bands that were releasing shit while the ones I post here were still in school but you don't know that before you judge me purely on the ones you see me post in this thread.

Why does saying I'm open minded have to mean I limit myself to what you consider "proper" metal.. and who the fuck made you the boss on what constitutes metal anyway?

If you don't like the bands I mention here, why waste your time replying just to shit on them.. is your life that bland and boring. Again, why do you care so much what I like?

I knew posting those four bands would get a reaction out of you because I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself.. you prove me right every single time I post here.. that's why you got called a purist faggot.

Please Bob, can I please go back to my iTunes collection and listen to Meshuggah or Arch Enemy or Psyopus or Behold The Arctopus or god forbid I stray from metal completely and listen to 30 Seconds To Mars or Alexisonfire or even non-screamy shit like Barenaked Ladies or Ani DiFranco or Will Hoge or Seasick Steve.

Fuck yourself.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #415 (permalink)
Senior Member
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Junkenstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Italy (No Guidos Here)
Posts: 6,781
I think you two could get along if you found a common ground.

You both like distorted guitars and amplifiers, right?

No?

Ok, i tried.

Personally, i'm still in love with this album (still heavily rotating in my pod with the other 200)



And this one. Oh i'm cummin in my Pink Pants.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #416 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
You both like distorted guitars and amplifiers, right?
See, THIS is the shit I'm talking about!! Thank Christ for common sense. Why it that you get it and Bob doesn't? Probably because you follow my Twitter and know more about my taste in music. Who knows, at this point.. who fucking cares.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #417 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,357
You keep trying to pretend that's it's because I don't like the bands you like. You've mentioned Nile; Nile's perfectly fine. Black Dahlia is okay, and Arch Enemy is okay. It's you I have a problem with.

You try to pretend that I say being open-minded means excluding metalcore. Never said that. But it means if you're going to throw terms around like that, you need to listen to more than metalcore. I have no idea why you're defending how metal metalcore is; where the fuck was I even questioning that?

You seem so blisteringly oblivious to my point. You keep trying to pretend that it's metalcore specifically I have a problem with. I would have a problem with a satanist black metaller who calls power metal fans fags. That dude should get the fuck out the metalhead thread too.

You're trying so desperately for shitting on me about caring about music, and I think that kind of proves my point. Music is my life, and to you I'm a purist faggot because of it. Because I know metal and you know a precise list of bands that appeal to a bullshit scene crowd that started listening to hardcore and never stray past metalcore.

You can try to posture like you're annoyed by me, but you know I'm going to be here, and you know I'll leave a metalcore/hardcore thread the fuck alone. There's one linked to at the beginning of this thread and you let it die after I was very civil. You're here because you want to call people faggots and not give half a shit what metal offers as a genre, only what it can do to appeal to your shitty hardcore brain.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM   #418 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,357
Dude, Limp Bizkit has distorted guitars. I guess he gets it too.

Count me out of your party, bro.

You're such a funny fucker. Try to tell me with a straight face that you're a metalhead again, and that you "love metal", and then reveal a small band on the small label Nuclear Blast to me again. Man, my sides are still splitting from that.

You're the asshole who hates everyone who knows more about music than they do. You don't care about music, you're just a shithead.

And stop trying to pretend I'm unfamiliar with your taste. You've repeatedly tried to prove yourself to me and failed (remember? You stopped after I laughed my face off at you proving yourself with a band on the small label Nuclear Blast). That means I know and I'm right, dumbass.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:10 PM   #419 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cretaceous Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I think you two could get along if you found a common ground.

You both like distorted guitars and amplifiers, right?
Surely you don't agree with serial that this is all it takes to be a metalhead.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:17 PM   #420 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DudeEMETIB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I would have a problem with a satanist black metaller who calls power metal fans fags. That dude should get the fuck out the metalhead thread too.
Excuse me, did somebody say POWER METAL!?



Edit: btw Bob, cool song. I might download some Hammers later. Oof..I mean..ugh...I'll BUY some...yeah..that's it.

Last edited by DudeEMETIB; 07-20-2010 at 01:20 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger